A mobile-first and developer-centric Genesis starter theme!
If you’re a Genesis Framework developer who has moved beyond customizing the StudioPress or third-party child themes for projects, you likely use a starter theme like Genesis Sample. The problem is that Genesis Sample is often behind the times. For months, it was behind the Genesis responsive menu standards in their latest themes and there are no plans for it to be mobile-first. But that’s not all…
StudioPress has made the decision to not code their stylesheets for mobile-first development. This is understandable for the entry-level developers and for the consumers who ask for help and need to use snippets they find in tutorials. I’ve had this conversation with Brian Gardner and he’s said this is the stance and I’m welcome to take the mobile-first torch and run with it.
the mobile-first stylesheet alone is worth the price of admission
So here it is. GenesisThe.me Developer Starter has all this and more.
- mobile-first stylesheet ordering
- always the current normalize.css
- always the current responsive-menu.js code
- tweaks that developers should use for proper mobile rendering
- visible and beautiful typography
- good mobile padding/margins/whitespace
- attention to accessibility (A11Y) standards (always willing to add more)
- Sass-ified partials – the stylesheet broken into the Genesis stylesheet table of contents, variables, colors, and mixins
- Gulp set up
- Grunt-ready (change some filenames, but Gulp is better)
- minified stylesheet and .js file
- minimal visual style elements like borders and colors to avoid undoing a lot of starter code
Purchase includes one year of updates and support* and my gratitude for supporting this project.
14-day money-back guarantee… but if you hate it, please let me help make it better for you. I built this for you, the developers in the Genesis community.